Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunday 28th March 2010

A bit overcast, cool and breezy this morning but well worth the early start when I spotted an Osprey, low over the Kempston western bypass, heading for Box End Park. I suspect it was following the course of the river and just cutting out the Kempston loop. I followed it in the bins and it went into a hover, over the Box End Park lakes, I think, although it may have been over the river. I was quite a way downstream at this point with no way of catching up so I just continued watching in the bins. It drifted a little further north and hovered again before drifting off towards Bromham, following the course of the river upstream.

I had already had a Sparrowhawk behind the youth centre on Hillgrounds and had a Common Buzzard at Box End Park a little later.

A pair of Mute Swans were nest building on the usual island just up stream from the back channel.

Also of note were 11 singing Chiffchaffs on my regular route. Star of the show was undoubtedly the Osprey though.

No comments:

Post a Comment